Monday, September 6, 2010

Photo Album


Hi Everyone,

This album is my latest creation and I love how quick and easy they are to make. The only part that really takes any time is deciding how to jazz it up. I do have to admit that I have borrowed the idea from the new catalogue but I did have to then work out how to make one. I have had lots of requests for the instructions so I have attempted to put some together and have attached them below. I didn't realise how hard it was to write down a set of instructions for something that was so simple to put together. I hope that you are all able to enjoy putting these together as much as I did and would love to see your creations if you decide to make one.

chat soon,
Happy Stampin'

Kylie





Album Instructions

Materials

2 sheets of coloured A4 cardstock

2 sheets of white or cream A4 cardstock

Designer series paper (approx 1 sheet. I used ½ of one design and ½ of another so that I had four different patterns to use. i.e 2 sheets have 2 sides each)

Embellishments

Ribbon

Instructions

1. Cut 1 sheet of coloured and both sheets of white A4 cardstock in half so that you now have 6 pieces of A5 cardstock.

2. Fold both coloured ½’s and 2 of the white ½’s in half.

3. Take one white and one coloured card and fold one side of the card in 1/2 to the middle fold. You will then cut off the strip on the outer edge. Keep these strips aside as they will be used to join the cards together










4. You now need to join your cards together to make a long multi fold strip. Start with the white card that you have cut and join this to one of the full coloured cards.










FRONT VIEW BACK VIEW

Next you will need to use one of your thin strips of white card to join the next one on. Fold the strip in ½ and stick one bit to the coloured card and one to the next full white one (pic below is the back of your album showing how I have joined them). You will see in one of the images further down which directions you will need to have your cards facing when you join them.***






BACK VIEW

When you reach the final card stick the strip from the coloured card to the back of the card. It will have an edge left over. This will join it to the box that it folds into. You will do the same to the first white card to that it has a piece to join it to the lid of the box also.

***











For the box

Cut one piece of coloured cardstock 19.5cm x 15cm for the lid

Cut one piece of coloured cardstock 19cm x 14.5cm for the base

(you should be able to get this out of one sheet of A4 if you cut it the right way)

Score 2cm in from each edge to make the sides of your box, cutting a small tab at each corner to fold.














SCORED 2cm IN FROM EACH EDGE CUT

(Do not cut out corners as you need these to stick box together)

Decorate with photos and embellishments and then join onto box.

You now have a lid, base and a long strip of cards. Stick the long strip onto lid and base making sure that the lid is on the left hand side of the card strip and the base is on the right (this will matter when you fold it all together and close the box). I attached it to the box and then covered over the joins / inside of lid and base with some DS paper to neaten it up.

(This is another one that I made but I don't have the red one finished yet to show you.)


I hope these make sense but if not feel free to email me at kylieobrien@iprimus.com.au


Happy Stampin,

Kylie

1 comment: